At Adelaide Telefix, we are the experts when it comes to replacing or repairing AC remote controls. If your air conditioner remote is broken, we make it easy to get it fixed - simply bring it into our store, or send it to us for repair. We will repair your AC remote control for a fixed fee, and if we cannot repair it, then we will replace it with an appropriate remote control.
Before sending your remote control to us for repair, it can be good to first check whether the batteries in the remote need to be replaced. This is a common reason for why remote controls don't work as well as they used to, or don't work at all.
A common issue with AC remote controls not working can be that the batteries inside them need to be replaced. An easy way to check if you need to replace your remote control batteries is to do the following simple steps:
1. Get a smartphone, and open its camera app.
2. When the camera app is open, change the camera so that the front facing camera is used.
3. Aim your AC remote control at the smartphone and press any button on the remote control.
4. A flickering red light should come out from the remote control when you look at your smartphone's screen.
If you see a very dim red light, or no red light at all, it's a good idea to look at changing your remote control's batteries.
If you need to change your air conditioner remote control's batteries, here are some steps that can help:
1. Flip your remote control over, so that you can remove its battery cover. Most battery covers will have an arrow with grooves, simply push your thumb down on the arrow and move your thumb in the direction that the arrow is pointing in. This should slide the battery cover off.
2. Now you should see the batteries inside. Using the tip of your finger, pull on the negative end of each battery (next to the spring) in order to take all of the batteries out.
3. Put new batteries in the remote control. The battery type will usually be AA or AAA, and is listed on the battery itself.
4. Put the battery cover back on, and try out your AC remote control. It should now work with your air conditioner again.
If you've changed the batteries in the remote control, and it still isn't working, then it is a good time to contact us to have your remote control fixed or replaced. Simply send your remote to us, or bring it into our store, and we will repair your AC remote for a fixed fee. If we can't repair it, then we can replace the remote.
If you need remote control spares or parts, contact us. We have replacement remote controls and their parts for any brand of AC you might need. Simply let us know the model of your air conditioner, and we can provide you with appropriate remote controls or remote control spare parts.
You can also shop online at our web shops for your remote control parts as well. Visit our shops below to get spare parts for LG and Samsung AC remote controls.
For your Samsung air conditioner remote control needs: electronicsmarket.com.au
For your LG air conditioner remote control needs: electronicmarket.com.au
For LG or Samsung air conditioner remote control spare parts: sparepartsmarket.com.au
If you need remote controls or remote control parts for any other AC brands, contact us by clicking the button below and we can help.